Shifter Stars - Shifter Mint - Shifter Trees ... Tim Holtz mini layering stencils, set of 3 (THMS037).
Shifter Stencils Stars, Mint and Trees are art stencils designed by Tim Holtz featuring uniform patterns that create multiple layers simply by lining up each shape. Stars is of 5-pointed stars evenly spaced, Mint features long lines (stripes) in various widths, Tree is a stylized Christmas or pine tree.
Shifter Stencils are a fantastic way to create repeat patterns over small or large areas. The designs can be repeated in any direction to create a seamless pattern.
They're a great size for cards, ATCs, tags and journaling but also fantastic to use for other artwork like large canvas masterpieces (and everything inbetween).
Create layers of colour, texture and add interest to backgrounds and shapes. Suitable for a wide variety of art supplies including paints, markers, gesso, texture and embossing pastes, gel mediums and more. Use with blending foam tools, blending brushes, paintbrushes, brayers, rollers, spatulas and palette knives.
How to use Shifter Stencils...
- Blend colour or mediums through the stencil.
- Lift off the stencil and wipe away excess if necessary.
- Once the artwork is dry, slide the stencil across, up or down, line up your artwork with the etched outlines on the stencil.
- The etched outlines are a guide for the shifting pattern.
- Have a play with direction, colours and mediums.
- Try a contrasting colour for dramatic effect.
- Have fun creating wonderful patterns in your cards and other artwork!
Designed by Tim Holtz and made by Stampers Anonymous. The useful tag shape makes it easy to organise, find the one you want when stored using a ring clip or length of ribbon threaded through the hole.
Stencil size: 3 1/8" x 6 1/4". Pack of 3.
All Tim Holtz stencils are available including the larger versions of the same name, called "Tim Holtz Layering Stencils" (all sold separately).