Brusho Crystal Colour - 24 Colours ... by ColourCraft - includes 24 (twenty four) powdered watercolour paints (1 of each colour listed below).
Paint a picture, create beautiful backgrounds, add colours to your texture paste or tint your collage medium - however you use these wonderful powdered water-soluble paints, enjoy every moment.
Brusho Crystal Colours are perfect for watercolour painting, creating backgrounds, colouring stamps, blending with mediums, using in journals, diaries, calendars, scrapbooks, mixed media and collage artworks, cardmaking, tags, painting or dying fabric (use a fabric medium or the paint will wash out), all kinds of visual arts.
The 24 colours in this set are (examples are in the photos)...
Lemon, Golden Yellow, Gamboge, Vermillion, Orange, Scarlet, Ost Red, Brilliant Red, Crimson, Violet, Purple, Cobalt Blue, Ost Blue, Ultramarine, Prussian Blue, Turquoise, Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Sea Green, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Grey, Black, White.
About Brusho Watercolours ...
Brusho Crystal Colours (Colourcraft call them "ink crystals") is a highly pigmented watercolour powder (made from ink rather than opaque paint) that dissolves easily with most wet mediums including water, other paints, ink, mediums, gels, glues and texture pastes. One little jar creates an abundance of colour!
The burst of colour achieved when using the simple sprinkle technique on a wet surface. This is an easy and fun technique for making interesting backgrounds on paper, card, fabrics, wood, most porous surfaces (or apply over a sealed or primed surface for more possibilities).
Techniques and ideas ...
- Sprinkle them directly onto a wet substrate (paper, canvas or other surface) and watch how the colours interact and blend together. Its an intriguing organic process that happens almost like magic.
- Sprinkle on a wet brush, spatula, painting knife or texture tool to create a variety of effects.
- Dip the paint brush into the jar.
- Sprinkle some on your palette and add water for painting and colouring.
- Dissolve Brusho Crystal Colour with water for painting.
- Dissolve some in water to use in a spray bottle (sold separately) to create beautiful marbled blends of colour.
- Mix into gel medium, gesso, wax paste, texture paste, embossing paste, Brusho Thickener, Brusho Aquawax for other ways to be creative with this versatile powdered watercolour paint.
- Stamp an image with Archival or Embossing ink and while still wet, sprinkle on some Brusho powder. Shake off the excess and pour back into the jar.
Hints and Tips ...
- Easy to open, simply pull off the seal and lift the lid slowly (maybe tap the jar in case its around the lid).
- Its a flexible lid so doesn't rattle the powder as you open and close the jar.
- Poke a hole in the lid and use a round sticker (coloured using the same paint, as a swatch) to cover the hole when not in use.
- Use a drawing pin to poke the hole and use the drawing pin as the stopper.
- Apply gesso to the top of the lid and once dry, paint on the Brusho Powder to create a swatch coloured lid.
- For fabrics, be sure to mix with or finishe with a fabric medium during or after you've created your artwork if you wish it to be washable.
Box Contains ... 24 (twenty four) jars of Brusho Crystal Colour powdered watercolour paint and basic instructions.
Each jars is (approx) - 1 3/4" x 1" wide (46mm x 27mm wide) and holds 15 grams of powdered paint.
Paint contains powdered organic pigments on a proprietary crystalline carrier.
Non toxic, acid free.