Grey Tinted Ink Pad - by Ranger ... slow drying, pale (light) grey embossing ink for visual arts, papercrafts and mixed media.
Ranger's Grey Tinted Emboss It Ink Pad is specially developed with clear embossing ink that stays wet for an extend period of time to allow you to prepare your design and sprinkle your embossing powder. The ink holds the powder in place until it is heated using a special tool which melts the powder into a permanent, raised layer.
This grey ink is pale enough to be used with most colours of embossing powder for all visual arts and crafts including mixed media, scrapbooking, cardmaking, stamping and art journaling projects.
To Use Embossing Ink Pad :
- tap the grey tinted embossing ink pad to your stamp and press onto your dry surface to print.
- while wet, sprinkle with your the embossing powder.
- tap off the excess powder.
- using a heat tool, gently heat up the embossing powder until it melts.
- be careful as the hot air is very very hot!
- sometimes heating from underneath your cardstock helps give an even coverage.
- make sure the heat tool is not too close and is constantly moved around so the cardstock and embossing powder does not burn.
- leave to cool (doesn't take long).
Pack includes :
- 1 ink pad (approx 3" x 2") : Emboss-It Grey Tinted.
... Ink pad is filled and ready to use.
Acid free, non-toxic.
Some find it beneficial to dust an 'Anti Static Pouch' (also available, sold separately) over their surface before they begin. It helps by encouraging the embossing powder to only stick where the embossing ink is applied.
Emboss It Ink Pads together with embossing powders, are also great for creating unique, abstract areas in mixed media and visual arts. Simply apply the ink anywhere on your surface (fabric, paper, cardstock) with the inkpad, a brush or directly with a reinker bottle (instead of using a rubber stamp). Then follow the same directions as above.
Easy to clean off tools, brushes and stamps : simply use soap and water, Ranger's Archival Ink all purpose non-toxic cleanser, Masters' Artists Handsoap or Masters' Brush Cleaner (all sold separately).
Also available from Art by Jenny - Ranger's Emboss it Reinkers, Pens, Dabbers, Ink Pads, Embossing Powders and of course, stamps, brushes and surfaces! Each sold separately.