Radiant - Impresslits 3D Embossing and Die Cutting Folder ... by Tim Holtz and Sizzix (product no. 663298)
This design features 2 (two) different sized star shapes. Each star has 16 points in 2 different lengths, all highly defined and angular, radiating from the centre. Fantastic to use as a sundial, the sun, large star or as a splash or starburst.
Sizzix 3-D Impresslits Embossing Folders will cut and emboss in just one quick and easy step. No need to line up the cut out shape to emboss or trim afterwards... this folder does both at the same time! It cuts out the shape at the same time as moulding a 3-dimensional design. Will work with a wide variety of papers and cardstocks.
Perfect for creating faux metal embellishments, multiple layering effects, making 3D elements for cards and pages. Designed to cut a single sheet of cardstock, paper, metallic foil, vellum. The finished design can be used either way up - embossed (raised) or debossed (indented, lowered).
Radiant sizes are (approx) : 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".
Pack contains one piece ... an embossing and die cutting folder made by Sizzix, designed by Tim Holtz.
What's an embossing folder anyway?
An embossing folder is a piece of plastic (folded in half, usually along the top short edge) with an etched image in both sides of the folder. The sides sandwich together, moulding the paper into a raised 3D shape.
The Impresslit cuts out this shape at the same time as embossing the design to give it a raised 3-dimensional effect.
Its very clever and the detail created using this Impresslit is amazing.
- I'm happy to post you a sample of something cut out using one of the Tim Holtz Impresslits (designs vary). Any excuse to play!
How to use an Impresslit...
- Mist your paper very lightly with water on both sides (optional, but does make a difference).
- Place inside the Impresslit folder.
- Wind through your favourite die cutting machine (eg, Sizzix BigShot, BigShot Foldaway, Spellbinders, etc - all sold separately). Some Impresslits are too wide for a Sidekick (it has a 2.5" width max).
- Sizzix recommends using one cutting pad with the main platform and winding through up to 3 times for a detailed and deeper 3D finish.
- Take your paper out of the Impresslit die cutting and embossing folder ... its all ready to go.
- If you misted it with water, let it dry completely before inking.
Misting the paper with water before running through the machine makes it more flexible, enabling the paper to emboss deeper without tearing.
Once dried, the design is quite firm and the detail is quite amazing. Alter with staining, sanding, distressing and colouring. Have fun!