Strathmore Paper Pad - Watercolour - Series 400 - 9x12 - 15 Sheets
This product is a special order item and may take up to 3 weeks for delivery to you. After you pay, I will email you with details. Msg me if you have questions :) Jenny
Share this product
Large "Oversized A4" or 9"x12" Block of Watercolour Paper
The Watercolour 400 Series (Best) Paper by Strathmore is a very high quality watercolour paper that is heavy-weight with a cold press finish, perfect for wet media (water, paints, inks) techniques. It has a medium texture on the front, light texture on the back.
This package contains one 12" x 9" inch paper block. A pad of 140lb acid free cold press paper - with gummed edges so it doesn't buckle when used with alot of water.
To split off a page from the paper block :
- Use a spatula or palette knife to cut the glue between the pages (on the edges) to lift off your finished artwork.
- There is a small gap along the long edge to start you off.
- You could also use a letter opener.
- Be careful not to cut the paper.
- Once you start splitting the glue, it should continue all around the page.
To use the paper:
- Paint while the paper is on the block or cut apart and use as separate pieces of paper.
- Leaving on the block saves the need to tape the paper down to your table (with masking tape or washi) and allows you to paint right to the edge.
- Wait until the artwork is totally dry before splitting from the block. Damp paper tears easily!
- Taping prevents the paper from buckling and curling when using water and watercolours. It encourages the paint to have an even coverage (without pooling in the centre or on the sides) and gives you a white border around the paper (great when framing).
- Paint, stamp, draw, colour, doodle, collage over your paper ... any technique you wish :) Have fun!
- 15 sheets high quality art paper
- cold press
- acid free
- heavyweight (300gsm,140lb)
Size: 9" x 12" (22.9cm x 30.5cm), 140lb (300gsm), 400 series (best).