Tim Holtz Distress Paints are mixed media water-soluble paints designed by Tim Holtz and manufactured by Ranger.
Distress Paint is a waterbased acrylic paint that at times, acts like watercolour while its still wet then dries permanent on almost all surfaces. Tim calls it water reactive - a bit of water splattered on its surface before its completely dry creates amazing droplets and textures!
Its a fluid paint, able to adhere to most surfaces, permanent when dry and once dry (allow at least 24 hours) it can be doodled over with your favourite marker - Chameleon, Posca, Dylusions Paint Pens, Gel Pens, Jane Davenport Pens, Fudeball, Sharpie, just to name a few :)
Originally created with a sponge dauber top and screw on lid, that is fantastic for quick backgrounds or large areas. Once dry, spatter with a sprinkling of water and watch the magical bubbles appear! Love it :) Ranger have designed a new lid for all the Distress Paint bottles - a flip top lid.
To look after your sponge daubers, simply spritz with Distress Ink Refresher after your day of painting. This will help stop the sponge from drying out.
The newest bottles of Distress Paint have a flip top lid, but spare dauber lids are available if you'd like one (if available).
To help you find all of Tim's Treasures, here are some links...
- Die Cutting (essentials from Sizzix, Bigz Dies, Thinlits, Framelits, 3D embossing folders, texture fades, Sidekicks, die cutting machines, accessories).
- Distress Range (inks, reinkers, paints, spray stains, oxides, embossing glaze, enamel pins).
- Idea-Ology (stickers, layers, findings, trinkets, embellishments, fasteners, charms, adornments, pendants, glass jars and more).
- Paper and Card (cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling papers and mixed media surfaces).
- Stamps (cling rubber stamps designed by Tim, made by Stampers Anonymous).
- Stencils (stencils in various beautiful designs and 2 different sizes)
- Tools, Storage and Accessories (Distress tools, heat tools, glass media mat, storage tins and other useful treasures).
All of Tim's Treasures in one place (sort using the drop down tags) ...
- Everything by Tim
If you need more information about these paints or questions about anything else arty, write to me anytime and I'll help you.
Happy Creative Day!