Art and Craft News
New Arty Treasure Update! ... Its been amazing watching all the videos, photos and excitement brewing at the Creativation trade show this past weekend. All our favourites have been announcing and showcasing their brand new designs, products and ideas. Its so inspiring and exciting seeing it all.
Everything by Tim Holtz (Distress, Alcohol range, stamps, stencils, Idea-Ology, surfaces, everything - the storage drawers are available upon request) has been ordered. Everything by Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions (flip top paints, stamps, collage paper, lots of arty goodness for daily creativity) plus Everything from Darkroom Door (stamps and stencils) are ordered too. All start arriving late January. Other new treasured on their way soon are from Ranger, Pink Ink Designs, Sizzix (some have even arrived!) and more. If you see something you'd like, ask me to order it anytime :)
Studio Light's Art by Marlene 5.0 collection is being released soon, whispers are saying they'll be available in February, so as soon as those colourful eccentric designs are available, they'll be organised as well. What are your faves?
Jane Davenport has so many beautiful treasures... some have taken a while because of space and budget constraints (mine, not Jane's). But Jane's own Aussie shop has everything she's designed anyway, most at discounted prices so you'll save heaps when buying direct and can get your books signed while you're there :)
I'm still selling Jane's treasures, but on a smaller scale... On their way to my own Aussie shop are the set of black lettering pens, black and white paint pens, restocks of the Gelli Plate set and a few other essentials.
Still waiting for Derwent's full range of Lightfast pencils to be available in Australia... its sad, but I just love to have whole sets! lol :) So I'm waiting (patiently) but the moment all 100 colours are ready, I'll be on it like bees to pollen!
Fresh Arrivals are ...
- While waiting for all those new treasures, why not have a wander through all that is already here? Sometimes inspiration and ideas spring up when you least expect it.
- Don't forget ... there are no mistakes in art so simply enjoy creating and watching inky paint dry!
- Have you see the Mica Flakes yet? They are sooooooo beautiful. Want a sample? Ask for some when you next order. You know I love to share :)
Extra Extra! ... Dylusions Acrylic Paint in 2oz Jars of 30 beautiful colours are on special until 31st Jan 2020 or until sold out, whichever is soonest. Buy 3 or more colours to save! Once these gorgeous jars of paint are gone, they're gone... grab them while you can! Limited quantities and colours available. Plus FREE delivery for all orders over $50 Australia wide! Click here to visit the shop and save!
Creative Corner ... The new Galah's Christmas Party tutorial is now published at my blog 'A Life Less Ordinary'. Within this latest tutorial are how to use Tim's Idea-Ology Date Dials, altering paper fringe and using Finnabair Plaster Paste. I hope it inspires you to have a go with fun arty crafty techniques (old and new). If there's a particular technique you're searching for, let me know so I can find it for you as the gallery is organised by project not technique. I can always recreate a step-by-step for any technique for you.
Click here to check out the Galahs' Party and other FREE mixed media tutorials. Have fun!
FREE Colour Charts ... With all the new colours being announced, its good to have charts at the ready. Have a play with your colours as you organise your art and craft supplies using fun personalised charts! Create instant reminders of colours you have, keep notes of customised combos, tones and hues, save real life samples of all inks, paints, pencils and more. Perfect for all arts and crafts supplies including all your favourite pencils, paints, inks, any mediums at all. Free for personal use only :) Hope they're helpful. Click here for the FREE Colour Charts.
While waiting for your paint to dry, go have a wander through a few other collections... I find window shopping inspiring for dreaming up ideas for my next project... besides, I just love to look at all the beautiful colours :) Here are a few quick links to show the way...
- Click here for the Latest Arrivals ... brand new arrivals of fresh colours and beautiful designs to use in art, make into gifts or add to your collection.
- Click here for all the Tim Holtz Treasures ... stamps, stencils, mediums, papers, all kinds of creativity!
- Click here for Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley collections ... vibrant colours, bold designs, perfect for every day!
- Click this link for all Darkroom Door designs ... stamps and stencils for cardmaking, journaling and scrapbooking, or simply for making your own pictures to colour in :)
- Click here for the crafty Christmas corner ... why not make those cards early this year? Lets get organised for next Christmas with festive treasures that are perfect for making, giving, collecting and journaling. Saves the rush in November and gives paint plenty of time to dry!
To keep up to date with behind the scenes, latest product news and fabulous finds, visit the shop's blog at www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au/blogs/art-and-craft-news, Facebook at ArtbyJenny.GGofRB or Instagram at @art.by.jenny.
Sing out if you have questions or need a hand. Thanks for visiting, spending time with Art by Jenny.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderfully creative, healthy and Happy 2020. Stay safe and keep cool, always hopeful for rain!
Have a Happy Creative Day!