Tim Holtz Idea-Ology - Layers and Embellishments
Tim Holtz's Idea-Ology treasures - fasteners, glass jars, embellishmetns, charms, adornments, pendants, ephemera, trinkets, stickers, findings and off-the-page bases. Perfect to use for every day and special occasions.
Add to greeting cards, postcards, art journal pages, mixed media, off-the-page projects, making gifts, creating jewellery and so much more. And they make beautiful gifts just as they are too!
Use the two drop down menus to "sort" and "filter" through the labels (tags) or pop a word or two into the search at the top of the page.
To help you find all of Tim's Treasures, here are some links...
- Die Cutting (Tim's Sizzix, Bigz Dies, Thinlits, Framelits, 3D embossing folders, texture fades, Sidekicks, die cutting machines, accessories).
- Distress Range (inks, reinkers, paints, spray stains, oxides, embossing glaze, enamel pins).
- Idea-Ology (stickers, layers, findings, trinkets, embellishments, fasteners, charms, adornments, pendants, glass jars and more) ... ^_^ you are here
- Paper and Card (surfaces for cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling and mixed media).
- Stamps (cling rubber stamps designed by Tim, made by Stampers Anonymous).
- Stencils (stencils in various beautiful designs and 2 different sizes)
- Tools, Storage and Accessories (Distress tools, blending brushes, heat tools, glass media mat, storage tins and other essentials).
All of Tim's Treasures in one place (sort using the drop down tags) ...
- Everything by Tim .
Arty Ideas ...
Alot of the Idea-Ology range is excellent for sculptural mixed media, often seen made by the designers who work for Finnabair, Prima Marketing and Stamperia (as well as quite a few other clever artists).
To do this (the basics, its takes many layers and a fair bit of time but totally worth it)... Glue all the elements down, brush on a thin layer of gesso (black or white) and then paint with paint, sprays, waxes or stains to create a multi-toned dimensional masterpiece.
Anna of Finnabair often uses metallics, glitters, textures and opal effects on her artwork and it always looks stunning. Use anything for this kind of artwork including Idea-Ology embellishments and items found around the home (buttons, beads, etc).