Distress Embossing Ink ... Clear Ink Pad - by Ranger for Tim Holtz ... slow drying clear ink, used for creating a distressed result when using embossing powder or Distress Embossing Glaze.
Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink Pad is specially developed with clear embossing ink that stays wet for an extend period of time to allow you to prepare your design and sprinkle your embossing powder. The ink holds the powder in place until it is heated using a special tool which melts the powder into a permanent, raised layer.
This clear ink is ideal for use with all colours of embossing powder for all visual arts and crafts including mixed media, scrapbooking, card making, stamping and art journaling projects.
To Use the Distress Embossing Ink Pad :
- tap the embossing ink pad to your stamp and press onto your dry surface to print.
- while wet, sprinkle with your the embossing powder.
- tap off the excess powder.
- using a heat tool, gently heat up the embossing powder until it melts.
- be careful as the hot air is very very hot!
- sometimes heating from underneath your cardstock helps give an even coverage.
- make sure the heat tool is not too close and is constantly moved around so the cardstock and embossing powder does not burn.
- leave to cool (doesn't take long).
Pack includes :
- 1 ink pad (approx 3" x 3")
... Ink pad is filled and ready to use.
Acid free, non-toxic.
Tips and Info:
Some find it beneficial to dust an 'Anti Static Pouch' (also available, sold separately) over their surface before they begin. It helps by encouraging the embossing powder to only stick where the embossing ink is applied.
Embossing techniques are also great for creating abstract areas in mixed media and visual arts. Simply apply the Distress Embossing Ink anywhere on your surface (fabric, paper, cardstock) with the inkpad. Then follow the same directions as above.
Emboss It Ink Pads can also be used to create a resist or watermark effect. A resist is created when one ink resists being coloured over by another. This is most dramatic when the under colour is lighter and brighter than the top color. Use on glossy paper apply with rubber stamps brayer rollers stencils or create a spatter effect using a brush.
Easy to clean off tools, brushes and stamps : simply use soap and water, Ranger's Archival Ink all purpose non-toxic cleanser, Masters' Artists Handsoap or Masters' Brush Cleaner (all sold separately).
Also available from Art by Jenny - Ranger's Emboss it Reinkers, Pens, Dabbers, Ink Pads, Embossing Powders and of course, stamps, brushes and surfaces! Each sold separately.