Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing Pens, 2 (two) Bullet Tip and Brush Tip Markers with Clear Ink - by Ranger ... slow drying, clear and black embossing ink for visual arts, papercrafts and mixed media.
Tim's Distress Ink Embossing Pens are specially formulated with a clear Distress Ink that stays wet for an extend period of time to allow you to prepare your design and sprinkle your embossing powder. The ink holds the powder in place until it is heated using a special tool which melts the powder into a permanent, raised layer.
The Embossing Pens with their bullet and brush tips are great for calligraphy, lettering, drawing, writing titles, names, outlining, spot embossing, fine stencil work and more.
This clear ink is perfect for use with all kinds and colours of embossing powders including metallics and dark colours. Use for all visual arts and crafts including mixed media, scrapbooking, card making, stamping and art journaling projects. Ideal to use for creating a resist or watermark as well.
To Use Embossing Pens :
- write or draw with the pen to apply ink onto your surface.
- while wet, sprinkle with your the embossing powder.
- tap off the excess powder.
- using a heat tool, gently heat up the embossing powder until it melts.
- be careful as the hot air is very very hot!
- sometimes heating from underneath your cardstock helps give an even coverage.
- make sure the heat tool is not too close and is constantly moved around so the cardstock and embossing powder does not burn.
- leave to cool (doesn't take long).
Pack includes :
- 2 embossing ink pens.
... 1 brush tip, 1 bullet tip.
... pens are approx 5 1/2" (14.2cm) long with the lid on.
Acid free, non-toxic.
Some find it beneficial to dust an 'Anti Static Pouch' (also available, sold separately) over their surface before they begin. It helps by encouraging the embossing powder to only stick where the embossing ink is applied.
Easy to clean off tools, brushes and stamps : simply use soap and water, Ranger's Archival Ink all purpose non-toxic cleanser, Masters' Artists Handsoap or Masters' Brush Cleaner (all sold separately).
Also available from Art by Jenny - Ranger's Emboss it Reinkers, Pens, Dabbers, Ink Pads, Embossing Powders and of course, stamps, brushes and surfaces! Each sold separately.