Distress Paint - by Tim Holtz and Ranger ... Choose any 1 (one) bottle (1 fl oz, 29ml with flip cap lid) from all the colours in this wonderful range of unique water-reactive acrylic paint dries permanent on most surfaces.
About the Distress Paints ...
The Tim Holtz Distress paints are a unique paint that behaves like watercolours and gouache paints while wet but once dry, is permanent on most surfaces including metal, glass, plastic, fabrics and all papers. Its a fantastic paint for colouring embellishments, making backgrounds and adding splash of colour to your crafts.
Distress Paints are made with a water-reactive fusion of paints and pigments that creates a splattery, bubbly watercolour effect when sprayed or wet with water or other inks. The colours are opaque and dry with a matte finish.
To see which colours are in stock, scroll down for the list or contact me.
How to Order ...
Simply send me a message with or after you order with your colour choices or reply to your order confirmation. Copy and paste from the list (scroll down) to save typing.
Choosing colours this way saves so much time, rather than wander about a website looking for each one, you have them here all in one place so you can see at a glance what is in stock.
If you need a printed colour chart, let me know and I'll pop one in your order or download your own here.
Mix and Match or collect them all :
... the names in this list are in alphabetical order while the chart of spots is in rainbow order.
... Colours temporarily not on the shelf are marked ... ^_* Out of Stock.
... Retired Colours are discontinued and will be deleted (to save confusion) once all gone.
Choose from these newish Distress colours...
- Speckled Egg (shabby vintage pale blue)
- Crackling Campfire (dark fiery orange)
- Rustic Wilderness (deep green)
- Kitsch Flamingo (pretty pink)
- Salvaged Patina (greeny-blue)
- Prize Ribbon (beautiful mid blue)
- Villainous Potion (dark purple)
- Saltwater Taffy (light peachy pink)
- Uncharted Mariner (dark turquoise)
- Lumberjack Plaid (cherry red)
- Lost Shadow (pale grey)
- Mystery colour no.12 - being announced one day in the future!
Choose also from these original Distress Colours in alphabetical order...
- Abandoned Coral (peachy-pink)
- Antique Linen (light vintage cream)
- Barn Door (red, scarlet)
- Black Soot (charcoal black) ... ^_* Out of Stock
- Broken China (light bright blue)
- Bundled Sage (light olive green)
- Candied Apple (bright red)
- Carved Pumpkin (bright orange)
- Cracked Pistachio (fresh blue-green)
- Dusty Concord (purple)
- Evergreen Bough (green with a hint of blue)
- Faded Jeans (denim blue)
- Fired Brick (rustic red)
- Fossilized Amber (earthy yellow, ochre)
- Frayed Burlap (light brown-ish)
- Ground Espresso (very dark coffee brown)
- Hickory Smoke (warm, mid grey)
- Iced Spruce (light blue-green)
- Mermaid Lagoon (medium bright blue)
- Mowed Lawn (bright grass green)
- Mustard Seed (golden yellow)
- Peacock Feathers (turquoise)
- Peeled Paint (earthy green)
- Picked Raspberry (dark bright pink)
- Picket Fence (white)
- Salty Ocean (bright light blue)
- Seedless Preserves (reddish purple, dark magenta)
- Squeezed Lemonade (lemon yellow)
- Twisted Citron (lime green)
- Vintage Photo (brown, sepia base)
- Walnut Stain (dark brown)
- Weathered Wood (dusky grey-blue)
- Worn Lipstick (bright pink)
- Metallic Antiqued Bronze (bronze)
- Metallic Brushed Pewter (silver)
- Metallic Tarnished Brass (gold)
Retired Colours in Distress Paints - any distress colour not listed above have been discontinued and the following colours are all that are left of retired colours.
- Aged Mahogany (dark deep red) ... 1 left
- Brushed Corduroy (earthy mid brown) ... 1 left
- Dried Marigold (light peachy orange) ... 5 left
- Wild Honey (golden rustic yellow) ... 1 left
If you need a printed colour chart or swatch sheet, simply let me know and I'll pop them in your order or you can download them here.
More Tips and Info ...
Shake well before opening the bottle.
Use these beautiful versatile paints with a brayer to apply to your favourite acrylic, rubber and foam stamps, through stencils, smoosh on craft mats and or apply direct to surfaces. Blend using ink blending tools and foams, blending brush, detailer foam tips, craft sheet, paintbrush or waterbrush.
Add a splash or spray of water to get the reactive distress bubbly look.
Add heat embossing to the mix by sprinkling on the powder while the paint is wet, shaking off and heating gently until the powder melts (all sold separately).
Great for colouring and altering Idea-Ology metal, embellishments, fabrics (may need a fabric medium if you want a washable design - test first). Dries permanent on most surfaces.
This product price includes 1 (one) bottle Distress Paint in the colours of your choice.
Each bottle is 1 fl oz (29ml) in size with flip top lid.
The swatches in the photo are a representation of each colour and different devices may alter their appearance. Once the discontinued colours are sold out, they will be deleted from the list above. Thankfully we have an abundance of non-retiring Distress Paint Colours to use every day :)