Shifter Stencil - Hex ... layering stencil by Tim Holtz (THS121).
Tim Holtz has designed a fabulous way for creating repeating patterns with seamless joins over small or large areas. They're called "Shifter Stencils". Duplicate each design using the outlines, moving the stencil in any direction to cover larger areas.
Shifter Hex features a hexagon shape (eg, honeycomb).
How to use Shifter Stencils...
- Blend colour or mediums through the stencil.
- Lift off the stencil and wipe away excess if necessary.
- Once the artwork is dry, slide the stencil across, up or down, line up your artwork with the etched outlines on the stencil.
- The etched outlines are a guide for the shifting pattern.
- Have a play with direction, colours and mediums.
- Try a contrasting colour for dramatic effect.
- Have fun creating wonderful patterns in your cards and other artwork!
Create layers of colour, texture and add interest to backgrounds and shapes. Suitable for a wide variety of art supplies including paints, markers, gesso, texture and embossing pastes, gel mediums and more.
A great size stencil for using on any sized art - from ATCs and cards to large canvas masterpieces (and everything inbetween).
Designed by Tim Holtz and made by Stampers Anonymous. The simple tag shape makes it easy to organise, find the one you want when stored using a ring clip or length of ribbon threaded through the hole.
Stencil size: 4" x 8 1/2".
All Tim Holtz stencils are available including the smaller versions of the same name, called "Tim Holtz Layering Mini Stencils" (all sold separately).